Check out our Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread recipe -
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Makes: 1 Loaf
- 400g of The Source Bulk Food pre-mix (Find your nearest The Source store here)
- 1½ cup water
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ butternut pumpkin
- 2 eggs*
*Option to omit egg for a slightly denser bread with better hold and moisture retention.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius and take out as many loaf pans as you will need. Smaller loaf pans yield a taller loaf whilst larger loaf pans produce a shorter loaf.
2. Use a food processor or a bullet-style blender to blitz up the butternut pumpkin, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and water until smooth.
3. If adding eggs, add them now and blitz for only a second or two.
4. Weigh 400g of the pre-mix.
5. Combine the wet mix with the premix ingredients and stir quickly but ONLY JUST until the last little bit of flour has been moistened into the wet. Mixing any longer can result in denser, heavier loaves.
6. Transfer immediately into a loaf pan to preserve as many bubbles as possible. Bake straight away for 45-50 min uncovered for a crustier loaf, or covered (leave room for it to rise) for a softer crust.
7. Wherever possible, let the loaf sit before cutting into it for at least 20 min out of the oven just in case the middle has not fully finished setting.
8. This loaf slices well and freezes well pre-sliced. It tastes amazing fresh out of the oven and delicious still once cool. A personal preference is warmed/toasted in the toaster first.
Have you made any of our recipes? We'd love to see it! Share your creations with us by tagging @fitclubboxing on Instagram or using #fitclubkitchen